Thursday, June 28, 2007

Updates from the Scroggin Family

Woke up at 6:30 am to a little whisper from a friendly friend or mine this morning. Hanna comes in and whispers "hello hello" to wake mommy up the last couple of mornings. I love it but sometimes I am not always ready to awake but that little whisper just melts my heart. I pull her up on the bed with me in order to try to let Hayden sleep a little longer which he usually does unless ms. Hanna is to loud. We have a few rain drops this morning so yea I don't have hurry and go out to water this morning. I love when Heavenly Father decides to take over one chore for me in watering everything for me today. Hayden and Hanna's garden is growing all over each other now. They have zucchini coming on and we had to re-plant the cuc's. but oh well. We have a few green peas starting and some green beans coming on also. Grandma gave Hayden some Kindergarten workbooks and he loves to sit down and do pages in them and also I signed him and Hanna up for Summer
Reading program at the library for the first time this year. I finally got brave and decided that I was going to go downtown Salem and try to find the library. Well we did that last week and I was so proud of myself for not getting lost. I still do not know Salem even though we have been in our home for 1 year on June 24, 2007 happy day. Both of the kids love to go to the library now and get new books so that I can read to them. I love it also because I get tired of reading all of the same stories that we have at home. Plus they earn book bucks or prize drawing tickets for some great prizes that they will be drawing for at the end of the summer. So Hayden keeps busy with those things and playing outside when the weather is nice.
I have been so inspired with Trevlyn and all of her craft things that she shares with us that I like her motto she told. She tells herself she needs to get this and this and this done before she can sew a bunny or work on a stichery. I am going to try that motto myself because I love to do crafts myself but I haven't figured out how to make time for it. Plus everything takes money to by supplies to make things and I have not built up any collection of any craft supplies yet. But I guess I can start now right! So I plan to start making some of the banners that Trev shared on her blog the other day. So that is what I am going to start with so far. Have a wonderful day everyone and know that I love each and one of you in my family and extended family.

2 comments:

Trevlyn said...

The kid's gardens sound awesome! I have such fond memories of summer trips to the old Oregon City library! What great loves of gardening and reading you're instilling! Good luck on the banner!!!

Emily Carlson said...

My sweet Hanna girl!!! How stinkin' cute! Wakin' mommy up with a sweet wisper. I love that girl. Sounds like the garden is doing great. I need to come down and see it. I have the weekend off -just getting ready for Prineville. Matt will be busy studying for his EMT test on Sunday. Keep him in your prayers that he passes. Give my babies big hugs and kisses. Love to you, Emily -aka Mimmi